Over the years I've shared many images of Andrew's artwork, and several people have asked how they can purchase a piece. Well if you're in Portland next Thursday, July 26th, you're in luck! Here's the official invite:
Hello, art lovers. We are very pleased to announce the opening exhibition for the nearly indescribable work of Andrew Bohl, on Thursday, July 26th.
First, a reminder (or introduction for newcomers): Spur Gallery is a no-profit (that's right -- NO profit) gallery dedicated to art and equity. 80% of all sales goes directly to the artist, while the entirety of the remaining 20% is donated to organizations working for social justice.
Mr. Bohl's work is a masterful study in mixed media. Combining carvings and sculpture, illustration, painting, wire weaving, script, and an array of papers, Andrew brings tales and truths to (sometimes interactive!) three-dimensional life, reminiscent of ancient scrolls and books. And the intricacy and the precision so prominent in every piece are just the icing on the cake. His work is an experience to be had (and to be taken home).
Please join us, Thursday, July 26th, from 6:30 - 9 p.m.
Spur Gallery, 4001 NE Holman Street, Portland, OR 97211
Small bites and wine will be provided. Children are welcome, but please be sure yours are made aware of the etiquette appropriate for gallery attendance.
Spur Gallery is the creation of Reed and Holly LaPlant, it's a beautifully re-imagined use of their former garage. Reed has been a fervent supporter and acquirer of Andrew's work for years. He's an artist himself, designing and building custom furniture that are truly works of functional art, see more here.
Last week Andrew had his work spread out in the basement studio, so I took advantage of the moment to snap a few close-ups. All of these and more will be available next Thursday. I hope to see you there!
Weather Diary, July 18: Hi 84, Low 61/ Precip tbd
All material © 2009-2018 by Loree Bohl for danger garden. Unauthorized reproduction prohibited and just plain rude.